I, Sir Andrew, will talk to you about parties that have changed. The ballroom dances have transformed into school dances. A water party with tea and crumpets has turned into parties with ale. Even a small get together with supper ( like in The Fisherman's Rest) has to be all fancy. Also meetings have to be in a conference room. In the 1790's, a meeting could be in a hut. Many parties, meetings, and balls have evolved.
I am English, so I think parties are necessary; with much extravagant affairs they are a part of life. Now, a Frenchie like Chauvelin would think it is dumb to have parties. Chauvelin is a stiff, he never can have a good time. The art of partying is a very hard skill to master. Percy, Marguerite, and I are excellent at this difficult art. Chauvelin does not even know what the word fun means. So the art of partying has evolved from a casual get together to a supper at a 5 star hotel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment