Monday, April 12, 2010

Perry the Platypus

I was at the dentist's office getting my regular check up and I had to wait as usual. I sat down and saw a little girl was watching something on the television. What she was watching was interesting. It seemed to be a blue animal with a hat on his head. I got very engrossed in the show. There where these kids named Phineas and Ferb ( who ever thought of such bad names like that?) and they owned that blue creature that seemed to be something called a platypus. His name was Perry. Perry was a secret agent (kind of like a spy). He was much like the Scarlet Pimpernel; he had to keep his identity a secret from his owners. Perry's job was to find out what Dofinnsburts (his enemy) was doing, and he had to stop him. Perry was very good at his job. Ever time he walked into a room there was this catchy tune that played, and it made me want to dance. Perry reminds me of the Scarlet Pimpernel league. This is because he tricks Dofnnburts, just like we do to the French.
When I first found out that Perry was a secret agent, I was shocked; I wanted to scream out loud that I was kind of like Perry but I knew I would scare the little girl. It's such a big deal to see someone as successful as Perry be on a kids show. He is just like the Scarlet Pimpernel ,sneaky and clever. One day the Scarlet Pimpernel gang will put a stop to the French people getting guillotined. I was kind of mad that they didn't put a show about the Scarlet Pimpernel gang, I mean people probably would want to watch a show about actual people rather than a platypus. Platypues don't do much, except for Perry that is. I was getting to the end of the show, Perry was about to get Dofinsburts and then I hear someone say " Sir Andrew the doctor is ready for you". I was so mad, dentist's always ruin everything!


3 comments:

  1. Well, I don't like the fact that you are comparing me to a little platypus on a t.v. show. I am very disappointed that you would ever think of me that way.

    ~Sir Percy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhhh.... There's really nothing I can say. Very weird comparing a platypus to the Scarlet Pimpernel. Think straight!!! The Scarlet Pimpernel is much more elusive than a platypus. But the more elusive he is the more fun it will be when his head rolls off the guillotine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Phineas and Ferb, they make really cool stuff. Also, the Scarlet Pimpernel is very much like Perry the platypus. Everyone thinks Perry does nothing all day. Just like people think Sir Percy is a complete idiot. And Perry the platypus is very elusive. He slips out of cages all the time!

    Your friend,
    Sir Andrew

    ReplyDelete